The Canon 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 EF-M IS STM Lens from Canon offers a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range when used with APS-C-format EOS M-series mirrorless cameras. The optical design incorporates three aspherical elements, one of which is glass-molded and the other two are precision molded, in order to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range. The lens placement has also been optimized, and coatings have been applied, to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and clarity when photographing in difficult lighting conditions.
Benefitting handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds, an Optical Image Stabilizer has been incorporated into the lens design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops. A lead-screw-type STM stepping motor is also featured, which produces fast, smooth and near-silent autofocus performance to support both stills and video applications. For increased control, full-time manual focus operation is also available for making fine-tuned focus adjustments. Additionally, pairing well with the compact form factor of the EOS M-series of cameras, this lens also features a retracting design to shorten its overall length to just 1.75" long during travel and storage.
- Standard wide-to-short tele zoom lens for EF-M mount APS-C format mirrorless cameras provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range.
- One glass-molded (GMo) aspherical element and two precision-molded (PMo) aspherical elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for greater sharpness and clarity.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings help to control lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality.
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake to better enable taking sharp handheld photos in difficult lighting conditions.
- Lead-screw-type STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) lets you instantly switch to manual focus control in AF mode for making fine-tuned adjustments.