Canon SL2 EOS Rebel DSLR Camera (Black, Body)
- INSTOCK & READY TO SHIP!!!
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- 3" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- 9-Point AF System; Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Native ISO 25600, Extended to ISO 51200
- Up to 5 fps Continuous Shooting
- Feature Assistant; Microphone Input
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth
- Import Model 1 Yr Parts & 30 Day Labor Warranty via Seller
- LCD Language English
|Lens Mount||Canon EF
|Camera Format||APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 25.8 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||24 MP: 6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MOV, MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SDXC
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 9 (1 Cross-Type)|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||19.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.87x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-3 to +1 m|
|Display Screen||3" Pivoting Touchscreen LCD (1,040,000)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||170.0°|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600 (Extended Mode: Auto, 100-51200)|
Speed: 30 - 1/4000 Second , Bulb Mode
|Metering Method||Evaluative Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 1.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)
|Buffer/Continuous Shooting||Up to 5 fps at 24 MP
Up to 2.5 fps at 24 MP
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Flash Compensation||-2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC|
|Video Format||1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 29.97, 59.94 fps
1280 x 720p at 29.97, 59.94 fps
640 x 480p at 29.97 fps
|Frame Rate||@ 1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 30 fps, 24 fps
@ 1280 x 720: 60 fps, 30 fps
@ 640 x 480: 30 fps
|Exposure Control||Auto: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
Manual: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 - 12800, Expandable to 25600|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Max Video Clip Length||1920 x 1080: 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|Start-up Time||0.2 seconds|
|Shutter Lag||0.075 seconds|
|Self Timer||10 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), Mini-USB|
|Battery||1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||AC-E6N with DR-E18 (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.8 x 3.6 x 2.7" / 122.4 x 92.6 x 69.8 mm|
|Weight||14.32 oz / 406 g body only|
|Package Weight||2.7 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.8 x 6.6 x 5.9"|
The Canon SLR EOS Rebel DSLR Camera provides users with a fully-featured system that won't weigh them down. Packed into the tiny body is a capable 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 7 Image Processor, both of which work together to create sharp, vivid images at native sensitivities up to ISO 25600 and extended sensitivities up to ISO 51200. Video shooting has received a boost with Full HD 1080p recording possible at up to 60 fps. The SL2 also manages some significant body upgrades, with the main addition being a 3.0" vari-angle touchscreen LCD for intuitive operation and the ability to work at odd angles with relative ease.
As a DSLR, the SL2 obviously retains the optical viewfinder for fast, natural composition of your images and it can shoot continuously at speeds up to 5 fps. This setup also features a 9-point AF system for capturing tack sharp images. If you are working in Live View or shooting video, the SL2 does offer Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology, providing fast, accurate focusing in these modes and with intuitive control via the touchscreen. Additionally, the SL2 has a microphone input for higher quality audio recording during movie shooting.
For those inclined to share their journeys, the SL2 features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth, making connecting to a smart device fast and simple. This setup permits wireless control over camera settings as well as the ability to transfer files to your phone. The SL2 also offers a Feature Assistant to help new shooters learn how to use the camera and its functions.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
- Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible native ISO 100-25600 range, which can be extended to ISO 51200, suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 6 fps continuous shooting rate for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- 9-Point AF System and Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a 9-point phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions. The center point is also a cross-type for enhanced accuracy and speed. When recording video, or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- In addition to stills recording, the SL2 also supports Full HD 1080p video recording at up to 60 fps in the MP4 format. Video recording is benefitted by the inclusion of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and the Movie Servo AF focusing functions, as well as the touchscreen design of the LCD monitor for intuitive control. Additionally, an external microphone jack is incorporated in the body design for greater control over your recorded sound.
- Body Design and Other Features
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 820 shots per charge.
- A Feature Assistant user interface is available to highlight and guide use of specific camera modes and features.