Nikon 300mm f/2.8G AF-S NIKKOR ED VR II Lens
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Magnesium Barrel; Moisture-Resistance
- Auto Focus Memory Recall
- 52mm Filter Diameter; Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens from Nikon delivers superior professional performance with rugged construction and sharp imaging. A telephoto prime lens compatible with both FX and DX format DSLRs, this fast aperture lens is perfect for sports photojournalism, wild life photography, portraiture and a wide range of subjects that require super telephoto focal lengths. The f/2.8 maximum aperture is effective for low light shooting and shallow depth of field control. On FX format sensors, it provides a 450mm focal length equivalency.
Nikon's VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization allows handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides users with fast and quiet autofocusing. A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus and AF Memory Recall allows instant return to a predetermined point of focus. The minimum focus distance is 7.2' in manual mode and 7.5' in AF mode.
Three extra-low dispersion (ED) lens elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide apertures and both Nano Crystal Coating and Super Integrated Coating on the lens elements enhance light transmission and minimize flare and ghosting.
Physically, this lens is up to the challenge of professional use with dust and moisture resistance, a magnesium die-cast barrel, and a protective meniscus front lens. A removable tripod collar and a 52mm slip-in filter system are supported.
- Fast-Aperture f/2.8 NIKKOR Super Telephoto
- Wide aperture, professional telephoto performance, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness for both FX and DX-format Nikon DSLRs; perfect for action and sports photojournalism, wildlife photography and more.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 3 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Delivers fast, accurate and quiet auto focusing.
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide apertures.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Nano Crystal Coating
- Reduces ghosting and internal flare for even greater image clarity.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- AF Memory Recall
- Allows instant return to a predetermined point of focus.
- Rugged Construction
- Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Close Focusing to 7.2 feet
- Focus to 7.2 feet in manual focus or 7.5 feet in autofocus, enabling striking image perspectives.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas