Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens
- BRAND NEW IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP!!!
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Internal Focus
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.6'
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- 7-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- Import Model 1 Yr Parts & 30 Day Labor Warranty via Seller
- Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens
- HB-62 Bayonet Lens Hood
- 67mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-1015 Soft Lens Case
- 1yr Parts, 30 day Labor warranty by seller
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format Focal Length: 127.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View||28° 30'
DX Picture Angle: 18° 50'
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.62' (.8 m)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8.33|
|Elements/Groups||9 / 9|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 2.9" (7.87 x 7.37 cm)|
|Weight||12.35 oz (350 g)|
The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens from Nikon is a fast, compact FX-format prime medium telephoto lens. Though optimized for FX-format DSLR cameras, the lens is equally adept at serving any Nikon DX-format DSLR. The combination of its mid-range telephoto design and a fast f/1.8 aperture make it an excellent option for shooting both still images and HD video in low light scenarios. Available light shooters will love the wide-open effect when shooting intimate portraits; in-focus subjects will stay sharp, while distracting backgrounds will melt into a pleasing soft blur. When mounted on a DX-format DSLR, this 85mm prime delivers an apparent focal length of approximately 127mm.
The lens boasts Silent Wave Motor technology (AFS) and Internal Focus for fast and quiet autofocus that won't alter the length of the lens, thus preserving working distance throughout the focus range. The Silent Wave Motor utilizes ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations instead of a gear system to focus the lens, offering beautifully smooth, silent and accurate autofocus operation.
When fine manual focusing is required, just rotate the lens focus ring. The M/A mode switch offers a seamless override of the AF system with practically no time lag at all! Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) improves light transmission and provides better color consistency and minimized flare.
The AF-S 85mm f/1.8 is lightweight, fast, and easy to tote around. Weighing in at 8.0 oz less than the venerable 85mm f/1.4 - shooters that favor prime lenses can toss this optic in their gear bag without hesitation - it's small enough and light enough to take along everywhere!
- Fast, compact FX-format prime medium telephoto lens. Fast maximum aperture is great for capturing stills or HD video in low light situations, and for head and shoulder portraiture, weddings and concerts
- Take flattering portraits under all lighting conditions: Great for studio, on-set or available light shooting, as well as capturing still images or HD videos of subjects with attractive skin tones and producing beautiful background blur. When you want to isolate your subject from the background in indoor or outdoor photography, this lens renders a gorgeous natural background blur (Bokeh) at the wider aperture settings
- Though optimized for FX-format DSLR cameras, the lens is equally adept at serving any Nikon DX-format DSLR. When mounted on a DX-format DSLR, this 85mm prime delivers a 35mm focal length equivalence of approximately 127mm
- Boasts Silent Wave Motor technology (AFS) and Internal Focus for fast and quiet autofocus that won't alter the length of the lens, thus preserving working distance throughout the focus range. Internal optical movement is restricted to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel, enabling smaller, lightweight construction and closer focusing distance. SWM utilizes ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations instead of a gear system to focus the lens, converting traveling waves into rotational energy, thus offering beautifully smooth, silent and accurate autofocus operation. Enjoy sharp, clear image quality at all apertures
- When fine manual focusing is required, just rotate the lens focus ring. M/A mode enables you to seamlessly override the AF system with practically no time lag at all, even during AF servo operation and regardless of which AF mode is in use!
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) is a multi-layer lens coating that improves light transmission, provides better color consistency, and minimizes ghost and flare to a negligible level. Enjoy reduced reflection in the wider wavelength range and exceptional color balance and reproduction
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm that creates a gorgeous natural background blur (Bokeh) at the wider aperture settings