Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor IF-ED Lens
- A compact rod-type Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation
- ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration and superior optical performance
- Focus Mode switch enables quick-switching between A (Autofocus) and M (Manual Focus)
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm for more natural out-of-focus highlights
- Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR IF-ED Lens
- 52mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- LF-1 Rear Lens Cap for F Mount Lenses
- HB-37 Bayonet Lens Hood
- CL-0918 Soft Lens Case
- 1yr Parts , 30 day Labor warranty by seller
The Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED Lens is a versatile and ultra-compact telephoto zoom lens that offers a 3.6x zoom range, ideal for portraiture, sports or wildlife photography. Its equivalent focal length in 35mm terms, when used on a digital camera, is 82-300mm. It is the ideal companion to the DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED standard zoom lens.
The innovative Vibration Reduction (VR) system allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. It minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 3 stops (8 times) faster. The Nikon Super Integrated Coating used in this lens minimizes ghosting and flare to provide even higher contrast and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum.
DX-Nikkor lenses are engineered and optimized for use on Nikon DX-format D-SLRs and are designed to cover the smaller image area of the DX sensor. When a DX lens is mounted on an FX-format Nikon D-SLR, the camera's DX-Crop Mode is automatically engaged, introducing a 1.5x magnification (cropping) factor.
VR feature will only work with Nikon's D100, D200 & D1 and D2-series, or any newer model camera. AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models.