Whats in the box
- Sony Alpha a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh)
- AC Adapter
- Micro-USB Cable
- ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Shoulder Strap
- Import Model
- 1yr parts 30 day labor warranty by seller
- Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens
- ALC-SH136 Lens Hood
- ALC-F72S 72mm Front Lens Cap
- ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- 1yr Parts, 30 day Labor warranty by seller
- BRAND NEW IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP!!!
- 24MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 693-Point Hybrid AF System
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 2.36m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
- 3.0" 922k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- ISO 204800 and 10 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC, Dual SD Slots
- USB Type-C Port, Weather-Sealed Design
- Import Model 1yr parts, 30 day labor by seller
The Sony Alpha a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera is a well-rounded camera suitable for both photo and video applications in a variety of working situations. Refined for improved speed and low-light performance, the full-frame 24.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor pair to realize an impressive 10 fps continuous shooting rate and improved autofocus performance for faster, more reliable subject tracking along with wide frame coverage. This updated Fast Hybrid AF System employs a combination of 693 phase-detection points and 425 contrast-detection areas for quicker acquirement of focus in a variety of lighting conditions, and also maintains focus on subjects more effectively. In addition to speed and AF, the processing improvements also help to realize greater image clarity and reduced noise throughout the sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200, which can further be expanded to ISO 50-204800. Video recording capabilities have also been extended for enhanced quality when recording UHD 4K video with the full width of the full-frame sensor to minimize moiré and aliasing. Additionally, benefitting both stills and video operation, the a7 III utilizes a 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE sensor-shift image stabilization, which is now effective to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops.
Beyond just updates to the imaging system, the a7 III's body design has also been revised to include a rear 3.0" 922k-dot touchscreen LCD, which has a tilting design to better support working from high and low angles. A 2.36m-dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF is also featured for bright and clear eye-level monitoring. For greater shooting flexibility, dual SD memory card slots are now featured, and a larger NP-FZ100 battery is also employed to achieve up to approximately 710 shots per charge. Suiting the camera's use in trying conditions, the magnesium-alloy chassis and weather-sealing also render the a7 III dust- and moisture-resistant.
The Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens for full-frame E-mount cameras can do it all. Able to cover everything from wide-angle to telephoto in a single compact form factor, this lens uses a variable aperture of f/3.5-6.3 to keep size and weight to a minimum. Ensuring maximum quality throughout the range the lens incorporates one extra-low dispersion element and five aspherical elements that combat various aberrations. Also, it has a linear autofocus motor and internal focus design that provides fast, accurate, and reliable focusing. Further benefitting use is built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization that reduces the impact of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. The lens is dust and moisture resistant as well, for operation in less-than-ideal conditions. And, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
- Designed to cover everything from wide-angle to telephoto perspectives, this full-frame 24-240mm E-mount lens can also be used on APS-C format cameras where it will provide an equivalent zoom range of 36-360mm.
- A variable f/3.5-6.3 aperture helps keep lens size and weight to a minimum while still offering an outstanding 10x zoom range.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Five aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Camera Format||Full-Frame (1x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 25.3 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2, 16:9|
|Sensor Size||35.6 x 23.8 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 51200 (Extended: 50 to 204800)|
|Shutter Speed||1/8000 to 30 Seconds
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multi-Zone, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-3 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 89 Frames (Raw) / 177 Frames (JPEG)
Up to 8 fps at 24.2 MP
Up to 6 fps at 24.2 MP
Up to 3 fps at 24.2 MP
|Recording Modes||XAVC S/H.264
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 100p/119.88p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [50 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50p/59.94p [25 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p [16 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i [24 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i [17 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 24.00p/50i/50p/59.94i/59.94p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input
|Audio File Format||AC3, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 693
Contrast Detection: 425
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-3 to +20 EV|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2,359,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.78x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Monitor Resolution||921,600 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Fill Flash, Hi-Speed Sync, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Wireless|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Slot||Slot 1: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)
Slot 2: SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo Hybrid (UHS-I)
|Connectivity||3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB Type-C (USB 3.0)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Battery||1 x NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 2280 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5 x 3.8 x 2.9" / 126.9 x 95.6 x 73.7 mm|
|Weight||1.43 lb / 650 g|
|Package Weight||2.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.1 x 6 x 5.4"|