This 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II Lens from Sony is able to deliver improved performance in a wide range of applications. Offering excellent reach with full-frame A-mount cameras, the lens also uses a variable f/4.5-5.6 aperture to keep weight and size down for added comfort while shooting. Ensuring maximum image quality, the lens features an extra-low dispersion element that helps reduce aberrations and increase contrast throughout the zoom range. Handling and operation has been improved with a dust and moisture-resistant construction along with the fast and responsive Super Sonic wave AF Motor (SSM) that benefits from a rear focus design. Furthermore, the lens barrel offers a focus hold button and electronic focus range limiter for improved tactile control over certain functions while shooting. Additionally, it offers a minimum focus distance of 3.9' and has a nine-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
- A telephoto zoom designed for full-frame A-mount cameras, the 70-300mm can also be used on APS-C camera systems where it will provide a 105-450mm equivalent focal length.
- A variable f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture helps ensure the overall size and weight of the lens is kept to a minimum while still providing good light-gathering potential and the ability to capture images with shallow depth of field.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- An SSM autofocus system with an enhanced algorithm combined with a rear focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. The lens also features a minimum focus distance of 3.9' for achieving a 0.25x magnification.
- An electronic focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between a set limited range or full for improving focus speed, and a focus hold button is also featured to manually stop the autofocus at a specified point.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.