Sony HXR-MC2000U Shoulder Mount AVCHD Camcorder
- 1/4" ClearVid ExmorR CMOS
- 1920 x 1080i AVCHD (24Mbps)
- MPEG-2 SD Mode (9Mbps)
- 12x Wide Angle Sony G Lens
- Built-in 64GB Hard Drive
- SD/SDHC/SDXC & Memory Stick Slot
- Active SteadyShot
- 2.7" PhotoPlus Touch Screen
- Import Model 1 Yr Parts & 30 Day Labor Warranty via Seller
- LCD Language English
- English Manual (Hard Copy or CD)
|Image Device||1/4" Exmor R CMOS Sensor
4.2MP (2.65MP Effective)
|Lens||12x G-Lens 29.8-357.6mm (35mm Equivalent, 16x9 mode), f/1.8-3.4
160x Digital Zoom
37mm Filter Thread
Optical SteadyShot w/Active Mode
|Horizontal Resolution||1080 Lines|
|Minimum Illumination||3 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
11 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed)
|LCD Monitor||2.7" ClearPhoto LCD, 230,400 Pixels (16:9)|
|Viewfinder||0.2" Color, 201,600 Pixels (4:3)|
|Memory Card Slot||1 (SD/Memory Stick Media)|
|Shutter Speed Range||1/6 - 1/10000 (Manual Shutter Speed Control)|
|White Balance||Auto, Outdoor (5800K), Indoor (3200K), One-push (Touch panel)|
|Video Formats||HD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVCHD)
SD: MPEG-2 PS
|Recording Rate||AVCHD FX (24Mbps) 1920 x 1080/59.94i
AVCHD FH (17Mbps) 1920 x 1080/59.94i
AVCHD HQ (9Mbps) 1440 x 1080/59.94i
AVCHD LP (5Mbps) 1440 x 1080/59.94i
MPEG-2 SD HQ (9Mbps) 720 x 480/59.94i
|Recording Media||64GB Internal Solid State Drive
SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick ProDuo Media
|Maximum Recording Time||365 min. @ FX mode (24Mbps)
475 min. @ FH mode (17Mbps)
685 min. @ HQ mode (9Mbps)
1290 min. @ LP mode (5Mbps)
870 min. in Standard Definition (DVD quality)
|Audio Dynamic Range||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Audio Signal Format||HD/SD: Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz (AC-3 Stereo)|
|Microphone||2ch Stereo Microphone|
|Input and Output Connectors||Component: RCAx3 (x1 Output)
Composite: RCAx1 (x1 Output)
HDMI (x1 Output)
MIC: 3.5mm Mini Jack (x1 Input)
USB (x1 Input/Output)
Audio L/R Output: RCAx2 (x1 Output)
Earphone: Stereo Mini Jack
Remote: 2.5mm LANC (x1 Input)
|Power Requirements||Battery Pack: 7.2VDC
AC Adapter: 8.4VDC
|Power Consumption||HD: 3.4W
|Operating Temperature||32-104°F (0-40°C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||10 x 9.1 x 18" (25.5 x 23.2 x 45.6 cm)|
|Weight||5.9 lbs (2.7kg)|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||21.1 x 15.1 x 13.4"|
The Sony HXR-MC2000U Shoulder Mount AVCHD Camcorder is the go-to solution when you're ready to leave tape behind and step up to a file-based video workflow. Whether shooting 480i standard-definition or 1080i HD video, this sturdy performer will capture hours of high-quality images onto either removable media or a spacious 64GB internal hard drive. Composite, component, and HDMI ports give you a choice of video output, while the included shotgun microphone is accompanied by a stereo mini jack to attach a second external mic.
Sporting a 12x G lens, 0.2" viewfinder, and 2.7" LCD display, the HXR-MC2000U's impressive form factor is about more than simply saying "pro" to your clients. Unlike smaller, handheld units, this camera can rest comfortably on your shoulder for rock-steady handheld shooting--aided further by Sony's Optical SteadyShot with Active mode. Perfect for weddings, sporting events, and corporate or educational videos, the HXR-MC2000U represents an affordable transition into solid state, professional imaging.
- Wide-angle G Lens
- The HXR-MC2000U comes equipped with a sophisticated G Lens that incorporates Sony's unique optical design technology and quality control, delivering exceptional performance on a par with some of the best lenses in the industry. The HXR-MC2000U itself is optimized to perfectly complement the G Lens with an advanced image sensor and Sony's famous image processing technology. This improves picture performance whether zooming in on the action, or getting a perspective on the big picture with the 29.8mm wide angle in Video mode (35mm equivalent).
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor with ClearVid Array
- The HXR-MC2000U's Exmor R CMOS sensor is capable of producing superb image quality even in lowlight conditions. Sony's unique imaging system incorporates exclusive back-illuminated technology that doubles sensitivity compared to conventional CMOS sensors, providing a dramatic boost in lowlight performance. Autofocus technology is also enhanced to perform better in lowlight conditions, so the G-lens can quickly achieve sharp focus on a moving subject. This superb performance in dimly lit indoor scenes and outdoor night scenes is matched by excellent results in bright daylight.
- Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode
- This feature ensures smooth movement while recording footage in many challenging shooting situations. In addition, Sony's innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling technology adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture. This latest version of image stabilization technology realizes images that are up to 10x steadier for wide angle shooting than conventional Optical SteadyShot images. As the user zooms in, an intelligent digital image stabilizer starts to blend in and work together with its optical counterpart to effectively reduce camera shake. This technology also reduces shake in the rolling direction that commonly occurs when shooting while walking.
- Manual Lens Ring with Assignable Parameters
- Using the assignable lens ring, users can manually adjust key parameters like Focus, White Balance, Exposure, AE Shift, Iris priority and Shutter Speed priority. Users can control the G Lens iris to create an out-of-focus effect in the foreground or background. Shutter speed can also be controlled to create special effects, such as the flowing motion of a waterfall or bird wings in flight etc.
- Long Operating Time with infoLITHIUM-L Series Battery
- The HXR-MC2000U camcorder uses standard infoLITHIUM L series batteries, which are compatible with many of Sony Professional's camcorders and accessories. The largest capacity battery (NP-F970) provides a maximum operating time of approximately 13 hours using AVCHD recording in FH mode.
- Ergonomic Handle & Controls
- The ergonomically designed handle contains a convenient record button and zoom control, essential for low position shooting. There are also cold shoes on the front and rear of the handle, which allow for the attachment of two different types of accessories.
- Flexible Operation with Consumer Memory Cards
- The HXR-MC2000U supports recording directly onto Memory Stick Pro Duo or SD/SDHC cards (please see Specifications for compatible memory cards). This makes it convenient and economical to obtain new media in almost any location. In addition, a large capacity 64GB solid-state memory comes built into the camcorder body. This combination of removable and built-in memory is especially convenient when shooting a corporate event or wedding on the move. When content has been backed up to a hard drive or downloaded to a PC for editing, you can simply reuse both the removable memory cards and internal memory for your next assignment.
- AVCHD: Ideal for Memory Recording
- AVCHD is a highly efficient data compression format which greatly reduces memory requirements, maximizing the benefits of file-based recording with high image quality in a small file size. This is made possible by the exceptionally efficient MPEG4 AVC/H.264 codec. Many consumer electronic devices already support AVCHD playback, and more are on the way. Numerous major NLE software programs feature AVCHD input and editing.
- MPEG-2 for SD Recording Format
- The HXR-MC2000U's Standard Definition recording format is MPEG-2, which is the same compression codec as standard DVD video discs. If your project will end up on DVD, then using this format can save you production time and maintain the original image quality.
- DVDirect & Direct Copy
- When the camcorder is connected to the optional DVDirect Express (VRD-P1) DVD writer via a USB cable, a single press of the One Touch Disk button is all it takes to burn video footage directly onto a DVD--without using a PC. This model is also equipped with a downconversion function that enables DVD burning to SD picture quality. Users can play back a DVD they just created simply by pressing the Play button on the DVDirect Express when the camcorder is connected.
With Direct Copy you also have the option of quickly and easily backing up valuable video data on an external hard disk drive (HDD)--without using a PC. Simply connect the camcorder using the supplied USB adapter cable (VMC-UAM1).