Sony NEX-FS700R Super 35 Camcorder (Body)
- 4K Exmor Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- Capture 1920 x 1080/60p AVCHD Video
- 4K/2K 12-Bit RAW to AXS-R5 Recorder
- Up to 960 fps Super Slow Motion
- CineGamma Curves Including S-Log2
- ISO 320 to 64,000
- 3.5" LCD Screen with VF Attachment
- Dual XLR, HDMI & 3G/HD-SDI Connectivity
- SD/SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick Duo Slots
- FMU Port Supports Optional Memory
- Import Model 1 Yr Parts & 30 Day Labor Warranty via Seller
- Sony NEX-FS700R Super 35 Camcorder (Body Only)
- Top Handle
- Microphone Mount
- ECM-XM1 Monaural Shotgun Microphone
- NP-F770 L-Series Info-Lithium Battery Pack (7.2v, 4400mAh)
- Adapter / Charger
- Remote Commander
- Connector Cord
- Viewfinder Tube
- Large Eyecup
- English Manual (Hard Copy or CD)
- 1yr Parts , 30 day Labor warranty by seller
|Package Weight||10.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||17.5 x 10.7 x 9.5"|
The Sony NEX-FS700R Super 35 Camcorder body is an update to Sony's NEX-FS700U that enables 4K/2K 12-bit RAW output and S-Log2 recording capabilities. It retains all the features of the NEX-FS700U, including the native 4K sensor, Super Slow Motion recording, built-in ND filters, and CineGamma curves. 4K/2K RAW is recorded to the Sony AXS-R5 Recorder via the HXR-IFR5 Interface Unit, or to compatible third party recorders such as Convergent Design's Odyssey 7Q via the 3G/HD-SDI output. The HXR-IFR5 Interface Unit and external recorders are sold separately.
The Super 35mm sized sensor matches that of standard film and digital cinema cameras. It accepts interchangeable E-mount lenses, as well as a variety of 35mm SLR and DSLR lenses and professional cinema lenses with the use of optional third party adapters. On-board, the NEX-FS700R shoots full 1080p video in a range of frame rates up to 60p, with bursts of up to 240 fps in full HD resolution and 960fps at lower resolutions. When used with the HXR-IFR5 Interface Unit and AXS-R5 Recorder, you can record continuous 2K RAW at up to 240fps and 4K RAW at up to 60fps. 120fps 4K RAW recording is possible in 4 second bursts. This makes the NEX-FS700R a high-speed, 4K camera ready for professional shoots such as indie films, commercials, corporate videos, and music videos.
You have the option of recording AVCHD footage onto SD cards, Memory Stick Duo, or the HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory Unit via the FMU port. It can also output 4:2:2 uncompressed HD video via HDMI 1.4 or 3G/HD-SDI to an external recording unit. For enhanced exposure latitude, CineGamma curves, including S-Log2, and 800% 709 gamma curves are available. Other features include an ISO range of 320 to 64,000, a shotgun microphone with mount/carrying handle, dual XLR inputs for recording uncompressed, professional-level sound, a 3.5" LCD panel with detachable with viewfinder attachment, and built-in ND filters.
- Super 35mm Exmor CMOS Sensor
- The Super 35mm sized Exmor CMOS sensor matches that of standard film and digital cinema cameras. The sensor's large size offers a variety of advantages over small sensor cameras, including increased control over depth of field, higher sensitivity in low light, lower image noise, and improved dynamic range.
- E-Mount Interchangeable Lens System
- Sony's E-mount gives you the flexibility to use a wide variety of lenses with the NEX-FS700R. Shoot with high-quality Sony E-mount lenses or with Sony A-mount lens via the optional LA-EA1 mount adapter. You can also use 35mm SLR and DSLR lenses or professional cinema lenses with the use of optional third party adapters.
- On-Board AVCHD Recording & Optional Flash Memory Unit
- The camcorder supports Full HD 1920x1080 video at 60p, 30p, and 24p. Video is recording using the AVCHD codec at up to 28Mbps. One memory slot accepts either Memory Stick Duo or SD/SDHC/SDXC cards. You also have the option of recording to the optional HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory Unit using the FMU port. The HXR-FMU128 allows record times of 10 hours at 28Mbps. Simultaneous recording to the SD memory card and HXR-FMU128 is supported.
- Slow & Quick Motion Recording
- Shoot 120 and 240 fps bursts at Full HD 1920x1080 for super slow motion. Playback at 24 fps yields slow motion at 1/5 and 1/10 normal speed. At reduced resolutions, 480 and 960 fps bursts are available for even more creative possibilities. Other slow and quick motion frame rates available are 60, 30, 15, 8, 4, 2 and 1 fps in 60 Hz mode, or 50, 25, 12, 6, 3, 2 and 1 fps in 50 Hz mode.
- 4K/2K 12-Bit RAW Output
- When used with the HXR-IFR5 Interface Unit and AXS-R5 Recorder, sold separately, you can continuously record 2K RAW up to 240fps and 4K RAW at up to 60fps, and 120fps in 4 second bursts. 120 and 240fps 2K is also supported by the Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q. For lower resolution proxy files, you can simultaneously record to the AXS-R5 and to the camera's internal memory cards. Files will have matching time code, start frame, stop frame, file names, and other metadata.
- Modular Design
- Depending on your needs, the modular design lets you add a matte box, rods, and viewfinder hood for shoulder-mount shooting, or lets you leave the camera stripped down for lightweight, handheld use. A top handle attaches with two screws and the right side of the FS700U features an industry-standard Arri rosette mount for adding handles and other accessories. 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch screw holes on the top and bottom provide support for a range of accessories. The tape-measure hook and image sensor position index help when measuring focus on set. There is also a Hold switch to prevent accidental setting changes during a shot.
- Uncompressed 4:2:2 Output & RGB Output via HDMI 1.4
- Output 4:2:2 uncompressed HD video with embedded timecode via HDMI 1.4 or 3G/HD-SDI to external recording units.
- Additional Features
- 50/60 Hz switchable
- Four ND filter levels: clear, 2, 4 & 6 stops
- CineGamma settings, including S-Log2 for wide exposure range
- 800% 709 gamma curves
- ISO 320 to ISO 64,000 sensitivity
- LCD markers include 4:3, 13:9, 14:9, 15:9, 1.66:1, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1
- 3.5" LCD screen with viewfinder attachment
- Dual XLR inputs
- Face detection
- Auto/manual iris and focus with Sony lenses
- Removable grip features four easy-to-use buttons including Start/Stop, Photo, 4x/8x expandable focus and push-button auto iris
- Display offers video/film selections for distance (meters/feet), sensitivity (dB gain/ISO) and shutter (speed/angle)
- Store up to 99 Picture Profile settings