Yamaha RX-V681 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
- Up to 90W Per Channel at 8 Ohms
- YPAO Multipoint Sound Optimization
- 4K Ultra HD Upscaling and Pass-Through
- Supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- 6 x HDMI-In / 1 x HDMI-Out
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- DLNA and Apple AirPlay Connectivity
- Front-Panel USB Connectivity
- On-Screen Display with Cover Art
|Power Output||90 W per channel at 8 Ohms, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2-channel driven
105 W per channel at 8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 2-channel driven
150 W per channel at 8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-channel driven
|Dynamic Power per Channel||125 W at 8 Ohms
165 W at 6 Ohms
190 W at 4 Ohms
235 W at 2 Ohms
|No. of Channels||7.2|
|Discrete Amplification||192 kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown DACs for all channels|
|4K Support||4K UHD upscaling and pass-through|
|HDMI 3D Video Format||3D pass-through|
|ARC (Audio Return Channel)||Yes|
|Deep Color / x.v. Color Support||Yes, with 24 Hz refresh rate and auto lip-sync|
|HDMI CEC Compliant||Yes|
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Pro Logic IIx
DTS-HD Master Audio
|Audio Delay||0 to 500 ms|
|Tuning Range||FM: 87.5 to 107.9 MHz
AM: 530 to 1710 kHz
|Analog Inputs||1 x AM antenna
1 x FM antenna
4 x RCA L/R
1 x RCA L/R phono
2 x Component video
4 x RCA composite video
|Digital Inputs||6 x HDMI (3 with HDCP 2.2)
2 x TOSLINK optical
2 x Digital coaxial
|Analog Outputs||1 x Component video
1 x RCA composite video
1 x Headphone
7 x Speaker jacks
2 x Subwoofer ports
2 x Spring-clip speaker terminals
|Digital Outputs||1 x HDMI with HDCP 2.2|
|Other Ports||1 x USB front input
1 x Ethernet jack
1 x Wireless antenna
1 x 12 V trigger
1 x IR in
1 x IR out
|Wireless||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, AirPlay, DLNA|
|Power Requirements||120 VAC, 60 Hz|
|Standby Power Consumption||HDMI Control and Standby Through Mode Off: 0.1 W
HDMI Standby Through Mode On: 1.1 W
Network Standby On: 2.1 W (wired)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.1 x 6.8 x 14.9" (43.5 x 17.1 x 37.8 cm) with antenna down
17.1 x 9.3 x 14.9" (43.5 x 23.5 x 32.7 cm) with antenna up
|Weight||22.1 lb (10.0 kg)|
|Package Weight||26.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||20.9 x 17.8 x 10.2"|
The Yamaha RX-V681 7.2 gives you channel surround sound and wireless connectivity with your favorite speaker system and the black Yamaha RX-V681 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver. It has Bluetooth, DLNA compatibility, and Apple AirPlay built-in for wireless connection to your compatible smart devices. The receiver outputs 90W per channel at 8 Ohms and features YPAO multipoint sound optimization to tailor the sound to your environment. It supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X to create a more 3-dimensional sound space.
In addition to Bluetooth, DLNA, and AirPlay, the RX-V681 has six HDMI inputs and one output, which support 4K, 3D, and ARC. It also has a USB port on the front for the playback of files stored on flash drives. Built-in Wi-Fi will allow you to wirelessly connect to your computer or NAS for playback of your stored files.
- DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- These sound technologies are designed to create a multidimensional sound that fills your room with richness and depth. They allow for music, people, and objects to come alive in enhanced detail and flow in precise choreography all around you, making you feel like you are right in the middle of the story.
- Dolby Atmos Speaker Patterns
- Multiple placement patterns are available for presence speakers that support Dolby Atmos, creating a sound field that's geared towards your setup. Any layout can be appropriately reproduced, including the three-dimensional space of CINEMA DSP as well as Dolby Atmos.
- MusicCast Multiroom Audio
- MusicCast makes it easy to bring music to every room in your home wirelessly with playback controlled by a simple app. Start with a MusicCast-capable A/V receiver in your main entertainment room for a wired home theater experience, then add MusicCast speakers, soundbars, or Hi-Fi components in other rooms wirelessly. MusicCast allows you to access your digital music library, streaming music services, Internet radio, Bluetooth sources, your TV sound, and external sources attached to your A/V receiver, such as a Blu-ray Disc or CD player.
- This receiver is equipped with Bluetooth functionality to let you enjoy easy wireless music playback from smartphones and other compatible devices.
- 4K, HDR, and BT.2020
- The RX-V681 supports the pass-through transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second. Enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation along with HDCP 2.2 copyright protection, a standard for 4K video transmission. It also supports the wider color gamut of BT.2020 pass-through.
- HDMI with 3D and Audio Support
- This receiver supports 3D video signals. Additionally, the Audio Return Channel function enables audio to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV with a single HDMI cable.
- HDMI CEC
- Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC-compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver's remote to control player functions like skip and stop.
- Wi-Fi Compatible
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a connection with your wireless router, simplifying system connections for enjoying networked audio from your Windows computer, NAS, and music streaming services. If a Wi-Fi router is not available, the Wireless Direct feature not only allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via the AV Controller App, AirPlay, and more, but also allows for control of the receiver.
- This receiver supports AirPlay, which means it can accept wireless music streaming from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad, as well as from iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile device or computer through your home theater system. You can view metadata such as song title, artist name, and album art on the receiver's on-screen display.
- Spotify Connect
- With the Spotify app on your smartphone, you have instant access to millions of songs. Now you can stream those songs to the RX-V681 by using Spotify Connect. Just hit play to start streaming music. When you listen to Spotify outside on your smartphone or tablet and come inside, the song immediately streams to your Yamaha A/V receiver, preventing interruptions to your music playback. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music on Spotify. The Spotify app and a premium account are required.
- AV Controller App
- This receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller App that is downloadable from iTunes, Google Play, or the Amazon Appstore to control the power, volume, input selections, DSP modes, and more from an iPhone or Android smartphone or tablet. Customize the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. It includes 23 different languages.
- DSP Adjustment
- This receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that utilize DSP technologies. These sound programs allow you to easily create sound fields like actual movie theaters or concert halls. It is now possible to use the AV Controller App to adjust the DSP parameters of your favorite movie or music album.
- Codec Support
- This receiver is compatible with many audio formats such as Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio. It is also compatible with high-resolution audio codecs such as DSD, AIFF, FLAC, WAV, and Apple Lossless. You can enjoy these various high-resolution audio codecs from the USB input on the front panel or from network connected devices.
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Compressed Music Enhancer employs digital signal processing using algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
- Gapless Playback
- Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files, providing playback with no interruptions.
- Phono Input
- Enjoy music from your vinyl collection through the phono input terminals.
- YPAO - R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control)
- YPAO - Reflected Sound Control analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimal sound. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
- Rich Bass Reproduction
- This low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you would expect from smaller-sized speakers while maintaining localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, this feature improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system; not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer.
- Total Purity
- The Total Purity Concept encompasses high-drive amp technology, high-purity pre-amplification, anti-vibration technology, and independent power supplies. This model has discrete power amplifiers that help minimize distortion. They also adopt independent power supplies, allowing dedicated power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. The anti-vibration heat sinks are designed to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure. Independent power supplies for the DACs are designed to further eliminate noise.
- Discrete Amp Configuration
- This receiver was designed with a focus on achieving high sound clarity. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low-jitter PLL circuit, which contribute to its audio performance.
- SCENE for One-Touch Start
- Pressing a SCENE button powers on the receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds
- Virtual Presence Speaker
- CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high, and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers three-dimensional sound without the use of actual speakers.
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Even when it is impossible to install surround speakers behind the listening position, you can enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with all of the speakers placed in the front of the room.
- Virtual Presence Speaker and Virtual Surround Back Speaker
- With the power of CINEMA DSP 3D, the Virtual Presence Speaker function is designed to make full use of center and surround speakers to create audible information from where presence (height) speakers are normally installed. In addition, this model also features a Virtual Surround Back Speaker function. Even without using surround back speakers, you can experience more natural, lifelike sound from behind you without physical speakers being installed in the surround back area of the listening environment.
- YPAO Volume
- Human ears have less sensitivity to high and low frequencies, especially at lower volumes. YPAO Volume applies loudness EQ correction to automatically adjust high and low frequency levels as volume changes. Using the YPAO measurement results, EQ correction is optimized to your system settings and listening environment.
- Subwoofer Trim Control
- The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused soundstage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is "pushed" toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced, enhanced bass sound
- Intelligent Amp Assign
- Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what speaker layout is selected. For example, in a 7.1-channel system, when Zone 2 is turned off, all 7.1-channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is powered on, the power to the two surround back channels will automatically be redirected to the two speakers in Zone 2 and the Main Zone will receive 5.1-channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two surround back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed.
- Advanced Graphical User Interface
- The graphical user interface has a high-resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode, and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese. It can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
- AV SETUP GUIDE App
- The AV SETUP GUIDE app is designed to make it easier to perform the setup process with the receiver. This app assists you with cable connections between the receiver and source devices. Additionally, it guides you through various settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections, and power amplifier assignments. System illustrations and actual receiver images help you understand how to make the connections between devices. It is available in multiple languages and is designed for iOS and Android tablets.
- Easy Setup
- Use your smartphone or tablet together with the MusicCast app to operate the receiver and change settings quickly and easily. The app also functions as a remote control for all your MusicCast devices.
- Audio Features
- 7.1-channel surround sound
- Full discrete amplifier configuration
- Burr-Brown 192 kHz / 24-bit DACs for all channels
- Low-jitter PLL circuitry helps optimize sound imaging
- Assignable amplifiers for front speaker bi-amp connection
- Intelligent assignable amplifiers: Surround Back/Front Presence or Zone 2
- DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz audio playback
- FLAC or WAV 192 kHz / 24-bit audio playback
- Video Features
- 4K video upscaling from analog and HDMI inputs
- Precise de-interlacing - Motion adaptive and edge adaptive de-interlacing, multi-cadence detection including 3:2 pull-down
- Advanced Features
- Wireless Direct connects a mobile device directly without a home network
- Front-panel USB digital connection for USB flash drives
- HDMI front panel input
- Ability to change HDMI input while in Standby Through mode
- Audio delay for adjusting lip sync (0 to 500 ms)
- Background video feature (for radio, USB, Bluetooth, audio network, and auxiliary inputs)
- Network Features
- This receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to your home network or Internet to enjoy Internet radio, Spotify, Pandora, or music stored on a NAS and home Windows computer. The AV Controller App, available from iTunes or Google Play, lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Android phones/tablets.
- Easy Wi-Fi setup: iOS Wi-Fi settings sharing, WPS, etc.
- Access to Internet radio (vTuner -MP3, WMA)
- Streaming services (Rhapsody, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM Internet Radio)
- DLNA 1.5 certified
- Surround Realism
- HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
- Dialogue Lift is designed to ensure that dialogue seems to come from the center of the screen
- Dialogue Level Adjustment for proper sound balance with dialogue and vocals
- SILENT CINEMA to enjoy surround sound with headphones
- Two subwoofer outputs (simultaneous outputs)
- Versatile Zone Control
- Pre-out terminal for Zone 2 with volume control
- Zone 2 on / off and control on front panel
- Zone max volume and initial volume setting
- Party Mode
- Remote input / output
- Programmable 12V trigger output
- Eco-Friendly Design
- ECO mode operation for about 20% less power consumption compared to when ECO mode is off
- Auto Power Standby function with variable time setting of 20 minutes, 2, 4, 8, or 12 hours
- Low standby power consumption of 0.1 W
- Enhanced Network and HDMI Standby power consumption